As a result of participation in this workshop, you will be able to:
- Describe how play supports healthy brain development.
- Explain what is meant by “child centered” play therapy.
- Implement the basic skills of child centered play therapy.
- Know when to seek additional training or supervision.
- Explain the evidence base for CCPT to colleagues.
- APT Approved Provider #15-413
- Indiana PLA board approval anticipated prior to workshop date for LMHC, LMFT, and LCSWs.
- 12 total hours
About the workshop
How do you do therapy with elementary or preschool-aged children? Aren’t you just playing (answer: no)? What do you DO in play therapy? How do you explain play therapy to parents? Get the answers to these questions, and learn the basic building blocks for effective, evidence supported therapy for a wide range of problems with a wide range of clients. Play Therapy Basics is designed to teach clinicians and graduate students the beginning skills needed to be an effective therapist for children. This two-day workshop is highly experiential. Come ready to play!
Contact me to bring this event to your workplace or area. A minimum of 6 participants is required.
$25 off for ISU Counseling grads and groups of 3 or more registering together. Both discounts available to those who qualify.